Tuesday, July 22, 2008

OSCON

I gave my presentation at OSCON's Open Mobile Exchange here in Portland yesterday, right before lunch. A PDF of the slides can be seen/pulled down from here. I'm really pleased that the O'Reilly folks have finally realized that there's some interesting stuff going on in the open source mobile space.

Had a nice dinner at the Rockbottom Brewery on Morrison, with Dave Neary, Paul Cooper and several other folks last night, followed by several games of pool upstairs. If you're in Portland, and hungry, the food at Rockbottom is really good, as is the brewed-on-the-premises beer. The portions are enormous, so be hungry.

I'm off, later this evening, to Ottawa for the Linux Symposium. My colleague, Bob Murphy, is going to be presenting his paper on "Coding Eye Candy for Mobile Devices" Thursday at 3:00 pm in Rockhopper. This is the same paper I presented at GUADEC, but hopefully Bob's dragging along a Zylonite or something for a live demo. So, if you missed it in Istanbul, you can catch it in Ottawa...

Once Bob's presented, I'll post the PDF of the paper itself for folks to download if they like...

0 comments: